Monday, January 13, 2014

FW: Thinking of you...

 

 

From: Susan Fields
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2014 3:29 PM
To: Martha Barrios Mead
Subject: RE: Thinking of you...

 

Dear Martha and Ken:

 

Since you will leave tomorrow and thus my weekly snail-mail card will certainly not reach you in time, know that you remain close in the hearts and prayers of so many people:

 

May the Houston roads rise up to meet you with blessings that will be talked about in years and years to come; may your M. D. Anderson doctors welcome you with boundless optimism, and may they impart their beatific gifts of compassion and skill; may the caring, good wishes and unceasing prayers of all who love you be the wind at your backs; may our merciful Lord and Savior embrace, comfort, and hold you in healing hands.  Shalom.

 

Love, Susan

PS: Martha, I was so glad to see you and to meet Ken today.

 


From: Martha Barrios Mead [kvmead@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 8:39 AM
To: Susan Fields
Subject: Re: Thinking of you...

Hi Susan, 

 

All is well, they did not schedule me for last Tuesday for an infusion.  I had two doctors appointments and both were good.  

 

Your sweet note arrived.  Ken went to Arcadia High School in San Gabriel valley near Pasadena.  I went to high school in San Francisco. Ken and I met at San Diego State University.  I met him at 18, we married when I was 22 and getting ready to go to graduate school.  The friends are all his friends from Arcadia.  They are the Most fabulous bunch.  One friend's family has the most spectacular 9 bedroom "cabin" in Colorado, so we gathered there for a crazy time.  Wine, laughter and song were the order of the day.  Fabulous gathering.  We really had a spectacular year! 

 

We leave Monday afternoon.  I am looking forward to the trip to Houston.  We need some updates on my pet scan.  I am feeling very optimistic, 

 

Thanks for keeping up with me,

M

 



Sent from my iPad

 

 


On Jan 10, 2014, at 8:23 AM, Susan Fields <sfields@davisacademy.org> wrote:

Good Morning, Martha:

 

Assuming that you had another infusion on Tuesday – if the day was not so darn cold that the procedure was cancelled – I hope that the worst of the aftermath symptoms are over – and that today is a good day.  Take care, my friend. Hope to see you Sunday…

 

 

 

 

 

<image001.jpg>

 

Susan C. Fields

8th grade Language Arts

Davis Leadership Team

The Davis Academy

7901 Roberts Drive

Atlanta, GA 30350

770-671-0085     Main Line

Ext. 144

 

Catch our Ruach!  The Davis Academy is Atlanta’s Reform Jewish Day
School and a proud affiliate of the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta.

 

No comments: